06 August 2006

The 'Just About Average' Meme

Okay, I got the message! Thank you Dearmeid for enlightening me on the mysteries of the 'meme'. I must admit that I still don't see the way those memes are used here as doing the initial meaning justice, but however, I filled in the one you sent me, here it is. Hope you appreciate it - the thing took me two hours to complete because I wanted to be really thorough.

Well, it's about time to leave this 'rotten' place, leave the buckets to themselves and pray for the roof to remain in place. While I prepare for my three hours drive, here you have something to read (and don't dare telling me I'm not being personal enough ...)


Lillebroers 'Just About Average' Meme

  • Three pastimes that make you feel really good...
  • - watching clouds and stars, listening to nature's sounds, walking & wandering.

  • How would your friends describe you on a good day?
  • - loyal/faithful, helpful, witty, imaginative, sympathetic, reliable.

  • ... and on a bad day ..?
  • - impatient, nerdy, iffy, prejudiced, moody, reserved, smart-assed.

  • What are you reading at the moment?
  • - I could read the sky/Timothy O'Grady, Moment by Moment/Jerry Braza.

  • Are you terrified of spiders?
  • - No, but of big furry moths. Nasty!

  • What would you do with one million dollars?
  • - Repair my house..? - Quit work and travel, I guess, spending my life wondering ...

  • Is there something you really loathe?
  • - waste of any kind, injustice, betrayal, ruthlessness, greed.

  • What is the average amount of money you spend each day?
  • - As much as necessary and as little as possible.

  • When have you been heartbroken for the last time?
  • - literally heartbroken? As in 'falling out of love'? Ages ago.

  • If you could choose any place in the world, where would you live?
  • - wherever I can feel at home and at ease, not one specified place.

  • What time do you normally go to bed/get up?
  • - go to bed at around 1 a.m. Often later. Get up at about 8 a.m

  • What do you typically eat for breakfast?
  • - Eat..? I have a tiny glass of café cortado and maybe a banana. Sorry. Not very healthy, I know.

  • Who has been the biggest influence on your life?
  • - My grandfather, 'Opa Daddy'.

  • What was your first car?
  • - A bright orange 1975 Citroën 2CV with flower patterned seats and Jim Morrison's silhouette on the boot panel.

  • And your favourite song to blast while driving it?
  • - Janis Joplin's 'Bobby McGee' and Melanie's 'What Have They Done To My Song, Ma?'

  • Who was the first male actor you have ever fancied?
  • - Gregory Peck in 'The Yearling' and Michael Landon as 'Little Joe' when I was about eight.

  • What colour are your bedroom walls painted?
  • - A shade I would desribe as dark cornflower blue, very spirit-soothing.

  • What size is the last pair of jeans you've bought?
  • - I don't know. 27/32 or 28/32 maybe.

  • As a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?
  • - A ballet dancer. But my spine dissented at age 14 so I decided to become a designer instead.

  • Which foreign language would you like to master?
  • - I wish I had never given up Gaelic, it's a beautiful language but a bit out of use... Apart from that, Spanish.

  • Who do you think is the most attractive male celeb of our time?
  • - I kind of like Keanu Reeves, Kevin Spacey, Michael Stipe, Billy Crudup, John Malkovich. Oh, I forgot one: the German football goalkeeper, Jens Lehmann.
    There's also some females I find rather attractive, like Scarlett Johansson, Julianne Moore, Nastassia Kinski and Christy Turlington ... what they have in common, I have no clue.


  • What's your favourite piece of jewelry?
  • - I don't really wear any jewellery except for my claddagh ring. I got it in 1988 and I'm afraid it's about to disintegrate...

  • High heels or sneakers?
  • - neither nor. I like 'chaplinesque' vintage kind of boots. Or Havaianas. Or going barefoot.

  • Is there a sex symbol that leaves you totally cold?
  • - Brad Pitt

  • What attracts you in the opposite sex?
  • - mainly: charisma, personality, thoughtfulness, sensitivity, profoundness, kindness, humour.
    what helps: a certain smile, dimples, a warm complexion, a touch of freckles, a firm handshake and walking step, a height between 5'7 and 6'2, warm eyes, nice hands, defined cheekbones, a slight melancholy, and, and, and... ;-).


  • What do you believe in?
  • - kindness

  • Your favourite food or dish?
  • - vegetables, fruit, cheese. As a dish, Palak Paneer.

  • What's your signature scent?
  • - it used to be 'Yvresse' but I don't really use any perfume these days - so most likely it will be Lactovit bodylotion ... very unexciting.

  • Who's your favourite artist?
  • - Andy Goldsworthy! And others from all different eras.

  • Who were the idols of your childhood?
  • - Pippi Longstocking, Catweazle, Sandy Ricks (of the TV Series 'Flipper'), Mr. Rossi (Signor Rossi)

  • Is there an invention you could do without?
  • - Telephone and TV

No comments: