12 July 2006

lamppost liaison ...

... talking of serotonin and the sun and what they can do to people ... haven't I been going on about this only recently? Maybe I better try to keep a cool head myself and focus my concentration more on my way ...

Walking home tonight, I was contemplating an exhibition in the Folkwang Museum when something got in between me and the exhibition poster that I had started to read while walking towards the museum. Casting an irritated glance on this surely disruptive element I found myself eye to eye with the (presumably) sexiest cyclist alive, smiling mischievously at my indignant face. I guess I should have stopped short then and tried to make the best of this rare opportunity, but no - somewhat dumbfounded I walked on, unable to detach my eyes from his eyes ... and walked straight into a lamppost.

Now, how embarassing is that?

I almost broke my toes and badly bruised my knee and all I could think was 'how lucky it wasn't my nose' ... not because of the pain, but imagine just how much more stupid it would have looked if I had banged my head against that lantern ...!
I didn't wait to see his face turn from smiling to gloating. I tried to hobble away as gracefully as possible, trying to get out of sight fast. Afterwards I thought that he could have at least shown some concern for my wellbeing. I mean, wouldn't it have been the chance to see me home ... then again, who wants to see home a loony ... there you go, life's just not fair.

No comments: